Modulation Increase on the newer SR 497HPC, Need more than the standard variable resister allows.

Just any other questions that you don't see a forum for? Go ahead and post here.
ahpla374
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK
Handle: Delta 400
Antenna: 4 element Yagi, Imax 2000, Smoking gun II Amtron 99, White Lightning
Radio: Yaesy FT990, Kenwood TS 950S Digital, Kenwood TS 450, RCI 2990 and many others

Modulation Increase on the newer SR 497HPC, Need more than the standard variable resister allows.

Post by ahpla374 »

I am working on a newer model of the Stryker SR 497HPC and I am having difficulty in setting the modulation above 40% by adjusting all of the required variable transistors. Is there any component that I can enhance or remove to increase the modulation on all modes? Thank you very much for any info. my email is:

MODBREAK_HEADBozo

email removed. Please send the user a private message or reply to this post.
443 Arizona
Mod Duck
Mod Duck
Handle: Double R
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave

Re: Modulation Increase on the newer SR 497HPC, Need more than the standard variable resister allows.

Post by 443 Arizona »

another way i would try first is a mic with full modulation gain, :DJ: :angry-screaming:
otherwise, yea you could eliminate parts,might gain a bit more, might pick up more spurious crap from inside the box too. if you rewire and push the circuit harder, it might work, but, if I recall, there is a "modulation booster" kit, already put together that you can just buy and tie into your circuit.
i know you are looking for a specific answer , so i am dis-qualified on new strykers. :oops: :eek: :shock: :roll:
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: Modulation Increase on the newer SR 497HPC, Need more than the standard variable resister allows.

Post by MDYoungblood »

The potentiometers in the new boards turn 360 degs so getting it set right takes patients and the stock microphone isn’t the greatest on the Strykers I’ve been told. Some of the YouTube gurus change out the AM regulator since it is easier than searching the pc board smt’s to change a resistor in the circuit. Might try a good ranger or galaxy mic before going farther.

3’s

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
443 Arizona
Mod Duck
Mod Duck
Handle: Double R
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave

Post by 443 Arizona »

:shock: this might be a stupid question but, are you working on audio or output power? :geek: :cyclopsani: i ask because maybe your trying to achieve "swing"?
i know it takes a bit of test equipment to do work on audio.