New user intro

Just any other questions that you don't see a forum for? Go ahead and post here.
jr1956
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

New user intro

Post by jr1956 »

I am new to CBs and I purchased a used set. I set up a new antenna but really have a lot of questions. I am retired but do a lot of volunteer work so not always free. Can't wait to get started.

Don
Verified
Owner
Owner

Post by »

Welcome aboard @jr1956!!

The CB Radio Talk Forum

WOOT! WOOT! jr1956 is in The CBRT House!

jr1956!

Thank you for creating your first post at Home > Welcome to The ForumNew UserNew to CBs Not Even Sure I hooked It Up Correctly. My handle is Bozo, the owner/founder of the forum, and I'm here to extend you a warm CB radio welcome to The CB Radio Talk (CBRT) Forum! We're overjoyed to have you on board, and we can't wait to see what you bring to the table! You're the missing piece in our signal for success, partner!

If you're able to log in and have already reviewed our Frequently Asked Questions, feel free to reach out to us using the contact form in the navigation, located at the top or bottom of your screen. And hey, if you've got questions about the rules or how this rodeo works, post your queries to the Admin or Moderators in the "Talk to The CBRT Admin" category under the "Off Topic" forum.

A couple of things to know:

1. Your posts will need to be approved by an admin or moderator until you reach 11 post count. Yeehaw, pardner!
  2. DO NOT ask radio questions in the CBRT Shoutbox. That's a one-way ticket to the Twilight Zone.
  3. Please take a moment to review our board rules to ensure smooth sailing on these airwaves.
  4. You won't have certain permissions or abilities that others have in the forum, like posting images or URLs, until you reach 11 posts or more. But fear not, as you keep contributing, you'll unlock new capabilities faster than a turbocharged CB radio. Check out this list of permissions for the different user groups:
    11+ Post Count / 30-365 Day Tenure Permissions
  5. Psst... You can now add your avatar to personalize your CBRT profile. Show off your true CB spirit!
  6. No buying or selling in the Chat Box. Keep the airwaves clear of shady deals, partner.

We're looking forward to having you fully immersed in The CBRT Family. We're incredibly grateful to have your radio skills and expertise to round out the forum and drive us toward unprecedented success! Remember, you're the heart and soul of The CBRT Forum, and we couldn't be happier to have you on board.

jr1956, Thank you for being The Best Part of The CBRT Forum!

Vote for @Windwalker 1 2 Truths and a Lie by [Please login or register to view this link]

Donate here

295 antenna
Verified

Post by 295 antenna »

Welcome jr1956, you will find tons of information here. Enjoy. Look around . Any questions please ask. Lots of radio experience here.
I'm waving a paw your way from San Diego CA
Keep smiling ...It makes people wonder what your up too !

American eagle SSB group : AE1577

TWRC - The world radio group : WR2950

world wide sidebanders - WWS2950
jr1956
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by jr1956 »

Can I ask questions here or is there another area in the chat to post technical questions? I do not know anyone who uses CB and it would be a life saver to have some assistance to get started. I want to get more radios once I can actually make mine work for local family members to get started too.
Windwalker
Verified

Post by Windwalker »

jr1956 wrote: January 29th, 2023, 8:58 am Can I ask questions here or is there another area in the chat to post technical questions? I do not know anyone who uses CB and it would be a life saver to have some assistance to get started. I want to get more radios once I can actually make mine work for local family members to get started too.
Welcome to CBRT
You will find all the info you need here and there are many CB Smart people who will help you.
What problem are you having ??

Message from moderator Bozo

please post your questions in appropriate forum.
This forum is used to introduce yourself
JetSetter
Verified

Post by JetSetter »

jr1956 wrote: January 29th, 2023, 8:58 am Can I ask questions here or is there another area in the chat to post technical questions? I do not know anyone who uses CB and it would be a life saver to have some assistance to get started. I want to get more radios once I can actually make mine work for local family members to get started too.
Welcome to the forum jr1956, good to have you aboard. You can post any questions for help here. [Please login or register to view this link]

"822" Were Alive and Kickin'
From the land of Lincoln