2018 Silverado HD install

This is the place to post your general tips or ask questions about your installation, whether it's for mobile or base stations.
Frozen001
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.

2018 Silverado HD install

Post by Frozen001 »

my truck has the center floor console and I can’t seem to find a good place to install anything but one of the small/compact radios. Any this larger and every place I try it seems to interfere with something.... either hill hit a seat if it is move forward or I will bash my knees.... any thoughts???
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

What particular radio modes are you thinking of using, AM only, AM/SSB? Some of the newer conversion radios (I hate the word "Export" only because they are really imports).

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
Frozen001
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.

Post by Frozen001 »

Mostly AM, but hey if I can get SSB that would be cool too. Ideally something with a sensitive receive and good TX. Not sure how the newer digital radio sound.
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

I think the console has a pocket, I would look at a Stryker SR-94HPC, it is a 10m conversion, AM/FM, or look at the Anytone AT-6666, same type 10m conversion but with SSB. I had the Anytone and it worked quite well for me.
Last year I went a different way, since I spend less time on the CB band, more on the ham bands, I installed my Icom IC-706MKIIG in my truck. It has a head unit that would work on a cup holder mount (I used a seat bolt gooseneck mount) and the main body is tucked under the seat along with a LDG AT-7000 auto tuner. Might want to think about that.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
443 Arizona
Mod Duck
Mod Duck

Post by 443 Arizona »

i know guys shun away from the "all in the mic" radio, but i always wanted one just to put in my mini-car.
i saw an advertisment just the other day for them.
otherwise just hang it under the dash an set it and forget it,, use a long mic cord.
Secret Squirrel
Donor
Donor

Post by Secret Squirrel »

Take a look at a Uniden 520. Its small will fit between the passenger seat and console. The case is metal. The microphone it comes with as actually a decent one. It can be tuned well. Have a cigarette light plug put on the power cord it use want something removable. I think one of the sponsors sells the already tuned and ready to go.
Secret Squirrel

"Talking to the USA from my Archer Space Patrol walkie"
jessejamesdallas
Verified
Donor
Donor

Post by jessejamesdallas »

President McKinley can be mounted just about anywhere...It's made to be mounted "IN the Dash" like aftermarket stereos...It's 1DIN size just like after market stereos, so if you have one of the factory 2DIN size stereos, you can remove it, get a good aftermarket stereo and you will have room for the stereo and a CB all in the dash!

Here's my Tacoma...and trust me, I have less room in this thing than you have in yours!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.